Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First steps

Oh my goodness!! It feels like ages since I have blogged! I have been as busy as a person could be. There are sooo many things to catch up on.

Work has been hectic as usual. Doing the normal chores, like cleaning, dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. And then of course, having my little love bug. Spending lots of time with the family. Just been here, there and everywhere. But amidst all this running around, one of the most exciting things happened!!

Anthony just turned 1 on November 3rd (I have no clue where the year went). He is growing too fast! I decided that we would stay at home for the couple days I had him. By home, I mean HOME! Not my townhouse, but with my family. Of course they welcomed us with open arms. And might I say, packing for a baby is DAUNTING! I had one bag with everything and he had 3 bags. I still felt like I had forgotten something! I had closed the night before. Not getting in bed until 12:30. Woke up at 5 to go pick Anthony up, and headed back home. He was a little out of it at first....

So we got him in a bath, changed and fed him some breakfast. He was a happy camper. Such a little cutie. Happy as can be. He took a nice nap and we went about the rest of our day as usual.

I get him bathed and in his pj's. Feed him dinner and totally expect him to fall out. WRONG! He had this last burst of energy, as usual. It was 9 o'clock and I couldn't believe he was still awake!! Mom, Dad, Anthony and I were all in the basement watching the CMA's. Anthony was dancing away to the music. He crawled over to the steps and I grabbed his hand. He stood up next to me and started walking beside me. Then he threw my hand down. He took 12 steps on his own, fell down on his butt, got up and started walking again!!! I was SOOOO excited! Mom & I were yelling. Dad was cheering him on. By the time I got my mind together I only caught the last 4 or 5 steps on video. I got to see him take his first steps!! It was an amazing feeling!
Needless to say.....we tried to get him to do it again. But little man was tired and finally fell asleep. He couldn't seem to get comfortable and wound up sleeping on me all night. So I didn't get any sleep because he was causing me to sweat to death. He woke up in his usual way, talking and with a big smile on his face. We started day 2.
Not a single thing in the house went untouched. Drool and slobber were everywhere! He is my little window licker....
He is my little love bug. Blows kisses to everyone....

It was a great few days! Yet again, spending time with family. If only work could go as easy! Hope all is well with everyone. Hopefully it won't be as long until the next blog. I plan on blogging again tomorrow. Until next time...

LoVe <3

1 comment:

  1. It HAS been ages, and ages! I was beginning to wonder where in the world you were! Your little guy is too cute. I notice he can open the cabinets without much effort! lol
    I'm glad you had a great couple of days off! Welcome home :)
    Love ya
    PS - don't wait so long to write next time!
    AC

    ReplyDelete