Monday, October 11, 2010

Another day, another dollar....

Oh boy! What a day. I'm glad it is over. Started out by waking up and literally feeling like my brain was trying to ooze through my ears. My head was throbbing. And what is this?? My throat hurts and I have junk draining down my throat! EEWW! I then received a text message from one of my friends, Jay. He asked how I was doing. He apparently was getting the same thing I was. I told him to just call out. He never calls out. I told him it would be better for him to call out and get better instead of him coming in and giving it to someone else in his department. Most of the people he works with will call out in a heartbeat. So that would just be worse for him in the long-run.

One o'clock rolls around....then 1:30....then 1:50. Nobody has seen Jay, he hadn't told me he was calling out. He is never late. His department is genuinely concerned at this point. They had called him & left messages, they had text him.....no response. So I went up front to the "call out" book. He wasn't in there! Odd. So I text him....no response. Ok....something is wrong! The first manager I see, I ask if Jay had called out or if they had heard from him. The managers response was "Yes, he called out". I was like "Oh ok, because nobondy has told his guys in his department. They were worried". The managers response at this point was "They will figure it out". WOW!! I told his guys. They were grateful and asked me to tell him to get better. I just can't believe what the manager said. Blows my mind.

So with all that being said......we had very little coverage for Zone 3. My closer for Hardware & Tools wouldn't be in becasue he had his toe amputated, Jay called out for the night....spells disaster. That left 1 person to cover Hardware, Tools, Millwork & Lumber after 9pm. I helped cover Millwork after 7....but after that Barry was on his own. I felt bad for the poor guy. At least he only had to deal with it for an hour.

Work was finally over!! I missed most of DWTS but I caught the last 3 dances. I really am hooked on that show for some reason. Not looking forward to working tomorrow. I work 8-5. I'm hoping I will wake up a lot better than today. Then I will have 2 glorious days off. Thinking I am going to do my laundry, go to the grocery store, re-arrange my room and change over my bedding. Who knows though. Hopefully I will see my special friend sometime during those 2 days. Also, I NEED to get "Just Wright" from redbox and take it over to Moms on Wednesday to watch with her. Before her & Dad leave for the weekend.

Not a whole lot to write about today. Just kind of tired and ready to knock this stuff out of my system. Hope all is well with everyone. Until tomorrow...goodnight, sleep tight & don't let the bed bugs bite.

LoVe <3

1 comment:

  1. Not everyday goes smoothly, but you made it through! Hope you feel better too. Just keep doing a great job at work. love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete