Friday, October 8, 2010

Mommies

Once I woke up this morning I realized that I had forgotten to mention one of the funniest things that had happened all day yesterday.

As I mentioned before, my best friend (Michelle) and I are roommates. Chelle has a 4 year old daughter named Makayla. She is very bright, outspoken and funny. A few weeks ago, I had the day off so I decided I would watch Kayla while Chelle had to work. We went up to Annie's Playground. We were there for almost 3 hours. I had lost track of time.

I was pushing her on the swings when all of a sudden Makayla says, (very loudly) "thats redicalus". She cannot say the word correctly, hence the spelling being wrong. I said "Whats ridiculous Kayla?" In her world there is no black and white. It is chocolate or banilla. She replied " There is a chocolate Dad, a banilla Mom and a chocolate baby". I started laughing. At this time the 2 Dads with their kids on the swings next to us are looking at me. I explained to her that she would have been the same way. She would have a chocolate Dad, a vanilla Mom and then her.....

This did not go over well with her. Her response was "No I don't!" I continued to tell her it was. Her next response left me speechless. She said, and I quote, "NO I DON'T! I have 2 banilla Moms. I have you, Miss Bekah & I have my Mom Michelle". My face turns blood red. The other Dads are now looking at me with their jaws dropped. I am telling her no that isn't the case. The more I say no, the more she says yes. Needless to say, it wasn't very funny at the time. Very embarrassing. But now I can laugh at it.

So yesterday I go home for my lunch break. Chelle is there but Makayla isn't. She gets a phone call and leaves the room. Once she comes back in she tells me about what she was just told. The sitter called and said they were going to be bringing Makayla home becasue she was having a meltdown. She kept crying and saying she "misses her mommies". Yes i did put an "s" on the end of that. Michelle and I are busting out laughing.

Kids say the darndest things! It is all so very innocent, but keeps us laughing every time. Just like the other day when I made dinner. Makayla then declares "Mommy, you need to put me on a rice diet". Where do these things come from?? If only the world could see everything through a childs eyes. Things would be much simpler. I am very fortunate to have these 2 in my life. Friends forever. We learn a lot from each other.

I believe that is all for now. I will have much more to talk about tonight. My Aunt & Uncle are coming up for the weekend. Can't wait!! Thurmont is tomorrow. Came so fast! Until later on....ta-ta for now.

LoVe <3

1 comment: