Thursday, October 14, 2010

Challenge...

Sooo, family is everything! Why is it that they are the ones we take everything out on? Why is it that we hold a grudge against them? But yet, they are the ones to always stay by your side & support you through everything. Thank God for family!!

I am challenging everyone, to get together with their families. Maybe you need to get closer with your immediate family or maybe everyone needs to get together just to catch up. Like the old days. I am extremely close with my parents and my brothers. I couldn't be luckier. But I miss spending time with Aunts, Uncles, cousins, grandparents. Just everyone. I would love to see us all get together like we used to do when Deda was alive. Every Thanksgiving, Christmas, Super Bowl....we were together.

The cousins were like brothers and sisters. Now, we barely know what is going on in each others lives. Yes, I know as we get older and everyone works, that our lives change. People get married, have kids, have demanding jobs....but it doesn't mean we should lose touch with those that we were raised with. I am challenging us to all be able to get together sometime by the end of the year. It would be a blast for everyone to catch up and just have fun. So lets plan something!

That's pretty much my bright idea. I slept in until 11 today. Felt like I slept my day away. Still got a lot accomplished tho. Mom, Dad and the Johnsons made it to Williamsburg successfully and safely. I'm sure they will have a blast. I think I have run out for now. Give everyone a hug & kiss. They deserve it! Until tomorrow....goodnight.

LoVe <3

2 comments:

  1. Bekah - you must have been reading my heart this week. I have pondered and desired those very things. We take things out on those we love because we know, at the end of the day, they will always be there.
    You aren't the first to express the desire to return to the "good ol' days". I have heard it from many in our brood. But, it takes work on everyone's part to make it happen. It takes a concience effort to make ourselves available. We can do it - we just HAVE to.
    Shall we take on the challenge?? I'm game if you are! !
    I love and miss you!
    Aunt Crickett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets do it!! If we plan a couple months in advance, it gives everyone time to plan around it. WE CAN DO IT!! I love you too and miss you much! XOXO
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete