Friday, October 15, 2010

Instincts

Today started like any other day.....waking up, showering and heading into work. It was another day at work. Not bad, but also not amazing. One of my associates, Carl, is 64 years old. He is like a grandfather to me. Reminds me of Chesty. Will stand up for me and bend over backwards to help me. He has been with the store since we opened. He doesn't ever take all his vacation time. And he has over 500 hours of sick time! He had to call out today. He is taking care of his 93 year old father. When I got the call, my heart sunk. I knew something had to be wrong. Not even 5 minutes after the store manager informed me that Carl called out, the hardware phone started ringing. I answered it & it was Carl. He was apologizing for calling out!! I told him it was fine and asked if he was ok. He said "Dad fell again today. He cut his head open and I can't get the bleeding to stop. I have to take him to the hospital to get stitches". I told him to be careful and to call if he needed anything. To stop worrying about Lowe's, his father was way more important. Please keep them both in your prayers. To keep Carl strong and to keep his Dad healthy.

By the time my lunch had come around, I had pretty much made up my mind that I was going to stay at my parents tonight and hang out with Sam & Seth. So I went home, packed up my stuff for the night, work clothes for tomorrow, ate some left-over spaghetti and headed back to finish my shift. When I got back, I was joking around with some of my fellow associates. Another associate came around the corner and said "It's so great to see a smiley Bekah. Just makes my day great". That was touching but also struck me....Do i really look that serious all the time?? So I'm going to work on tryin to stay positive. Things can always be worse, remember?

So I'm on my way to Mom & Dads. As soon as I walk in the door (literally) I hear Seth saying "Are you serious Mom? Really? I have no clean underwear!!" I bust out laughing hysterically!! Couldn't have entered at a better time. I had every intention of making them a nice dinner. But Seth left and Sam wouldn't tell me what he wanted. So taquitos it was. Bad idea!! I made some brownies with peanut butter M&M's in them and thawed some cool whip.
Ummm, I think Sam likes them. But he is just like me, cuts out of the middle. LOL

I took a shower and then guess what? I found myself doing the dishes, doing their laundry and cleaning up the house. Not that it was dirty. Just instinct. Not that I would never help out but I never imagined that I would just pick up and start doing my brothers laundry. Good 'ole mother instinct kicked in. I gotta look out for those boys. I love 'em too much!

Lol. He is crazy....but definitely an Ayers!

Don't worry....we aren't in the basement. Just needed a picture of Sethie-Poo.
Mom says they are having a blast. She sent a few pictures and they are incredible. So glad they are having a good time. They deserve it. Love you guys!!

This was entering the Yankee Candle store...

This was inside the store!!

I hope that countdown is wrong!!

 All-in-all it has been a pretty great day. I am getting ready to put the clothes in the dryer and head up to bed. I am tired. For some reason I slept awful last night. Just couldn't get comfortable. Hope everyone is well. Until tomorrow....goodnight.

LoVe <3


No comments:

Post a Comment