Thursday, October 7, 2010

Inked...

Today was a very productive day. I got up early, did ALL my laundry, vaccumed, swept, mopped, cleaned all the bathrooms, did the dishes and even cleaned out the fridge. All before 11 am. After I finished all this, I definitely couldn't get motivated to go to work. Then I get a nice phone call, from Mom. She asked if I wanted to go to Kohl's. Normally I would be all over this, but at that point in time all I wanted to do was chill. So Mom went to Kohl's alone.

After her trip to the store, she brought lunch by. We were sitting there talking and eating our lunch when Mom's phone says "message from Matt....beep beep beep" (and yes, her phone does talk). Of course, he wanted to know what she was doing. I swear that boy can smell food no matter where he is! So Mom and I both cut our sandwhiches in half so he would have something to eat also. He comes over and the 3 of us just hung out for a while before I had to go to work. It was nice and relaxing. Then it was time to go to work...

I get to work and guess what?? I barely get a chance to get punched in before I have 2 customer issues dumped on me. Ummm hello, but the last time I checked I am NOT the only person in the store capable of picking up a phone and calling the vendor and/or customer in order to resolve an issue. But then again, maybe I am. They let the issues sit all day until I came in at 2:30. I literally resolved both issues AND called the customers back in less than 10 minutes. Why would they push it off? I guess it was just the fear of the unknown. But that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

As my work day started off rocky, it got worse. I was parched so I went back to my locker to get something to drink. It was then that one of my fellow employees asked "Bekah, what did you do? You got your shirt all dirty". I gazed at my sleeves as I saw him point to the bottom of my sweater. I was in utter shock! My marker had exploded in my vest pocket. At this point, I realized I had sharpie all over my hands and fingers. I had NO clue how it got there. It bled through the vest, onto my sweater and also on my jeans. I immediately went back to HR to get a new vest. She saw what happened and grabbed a HUGE can of hairspray from I don't know where and sprayed the areas. I started to wipe it off and luckily a good bit of it was removed. If nothing more I have a new pair of work pants and a work sweater :)



As if this wasn't bad enough, I get one of the most ignorant customers. I understand it is my job to help them, but if we don't have it, I can NOT pull it out of thin air. I especially like once you tell them that we don't carry the product, they then demand that you get it or that you find it. It is at this point that I wish I knew where they worked, so I could in turn go to their job and give them a hard time over something that they cannot control. However, I was not raised this way. Treat others as you wish to be treated. I definitely am tired of being yelled at by people because they are having a bad day. So I kill them with kindness. Put a big grin on my face and talk in a very calming tone. Unfortunately for me, this sometimes comes off as sarcastic or as if I am talking to you like a child. LoL. It's a lose-lose situation. But I wasn't the only person she was ignorant with, so I had witnesses.

After all this, I was then paged overhead by my manager. GREAT!! You can only imagine the thoughts going through my head. I was getting ready to tell him how everything happened, when he asked me to go back to the training room. OH GREAT!! The HR manager was still there so I instantly thought I was getting written up. Instead he asked me to hang some big posters. My face must have been white as a ghost when I walked in the room. Thank God it wasn't anything bad.

So all-in-all it was a crazy day, but still good. I am going to ask one thing though. Anyone reading this, could you please pray for Bob? He is a fellow employee of mine that has diabetes really bad. He just found out, that he does in fact, have to get his little toe amputated on Friday. Just please pray that everything goes well. Thank you!!

I guess I am running out for now. Only 2 full days until Thurmont!! I can't wait!! Very excited. Thanks Mom & Matt for a great day before work. Love you both. Until tomorrow......Good Night.

LoVe <3

1 comment:

  1. Beeekaaaah! You are so . . . . me! I can see so much of me in this post - the way you write - your reacations - I love it! (esp the "kill 'em with kindess" part - tee hee)

    Will pray for Bob.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete