Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lil Mason

So this was my weekend off. The only thing I had planned was going to my parents for the Ravens game on Sunday, and of course the usual things, like cleaning and going to the store. Well, I suddenly had more plans. Keshia called and asked me to babysit Anthony for the weekend. Anthony is my godson and I love him like he is my own. I hadn't had him for about a month so I was excited to see him. He is growing so fast. It is hard to believe that he will be 1 on November 3rd. Where did the time go?? He looks so different even from a month ago....why can't they stay little? A month ago, he looked liked this....


I got him around 5:30pm. Had all my errands done and the house clean. As soon as he saw me, he reached out for me. Instant happiness. He is the happiest baby. I just love him!! So we played for a while, he ate, then he acted like he was going to go to sleep. PSYCH!! He closed his eyes for 5 minutes, then woke up with a crazy energy. He was "talking" away and I was talking back. I taught him how to drink out of his cup and he was still talking....
....next thing I know, it is dead quiet. I was checking for a pulse and thinking to myself "Oh God...it was only water". Once I made sure he had a pulse, I just started busting out laughing. He must have given his last Hoo-Rah before he literally passed out....
I picked him up and layed him in his playpen, all tucked in. At this time it was 9:30. I cleaned up his toys, wiped them down and got his diaper bag packed for the next day. Then I was in bed. I woke up to him "talking". I rolled over and looked at the clock....it was 4:05am!! I clearly remember thinking to myself "Dear God....please not this early? Not 4am". But I looked at his playpen and he wasn't moving. I know better then to get up, once he knows you are awake....then it's time to play. So I layed there and next thing you know, it was dead silent again. Looked at the clock and it was 4:15am....exactly 10 minutes later. Thank you Lord!!
I fell back asleep. I woke up by him talking yet again. This time it was 9am. We slept almost 12 hours.....that's my boy. Goes to bed happy and wakes up happy.

I got him up, changed his diaper and started to get my clothes out. Then it hit me...."What am I going to do with him while I was in the shower??" I decided to bring up his bouncy chair and sit it in the bathroom. However, it wouldn't fit through the dang door. Soooo I did what i could. Sat him in it with his cup of water and some strawberry-apple puffs. He was fine UNTILLLLL he couldn't see me. He screamed for the 2 seconds that it took me to stick my head out. I instantly thought "Oh my...this is going to be the shortest shower of my life". Yay motherhood. LoL. So I started talking to him and I remembered what Mom used to do with us ALL the time. She would make up songs. Then I was like "Oh great. I can't sing and I can't write a song". But the words just came to me. The most ridiculous song you would ever here, but it worked. He was quiet the whole time. It went like this...
Anthony is a big boy,
sitting in his chair.
Eating his puffs and playing,
waiting for me to be there.

Anthony is going to get a bath,
so he can be all fresh and clean.
And hes got a jersey,
to support his favorite team.

I must admit, I felt ridiculous singing this over and over. But also a sense of accomplishment because he wasn't crying. He then got his bath and all dressed up in his jersey. My lil Mason...
We headed over to Mom & Dads. I gotta tell you, the first grandkid in our family is going to be SPOILED ROTTEN!! Anthony isn't even ours and he is sooo loved by everyone. He is my little love bug. He loves Sam to death....

We all had a great time watching the game, playing with Anthony and eating WAYYY too much. Love being with my family. Its just great. Can't get enough of it. After everything was over and almost everything was cleaned up, it was time to get on the road. Had to get Anthony bathed & ready to go back home to his parents. Instead, his mother decided to text me & ask me to take him to her sister. Fine, whatever. What happened next, brought up nightmares. Makayla loves Anthony and didn't want him to leave to she rode the 5 minutes up the road with me to drop him off at the Shop-Rite. As soon as he saw his soon-to-be-uncle, he started screaming bloody murder. I got him out of his car seat and he was fine. As soon as his Aunt grabbed him, he screamed louder than I have ever heard. It broke my heart. He obviously doesn't want to be with them. Oh well, he is loved when he is with us. That little man has a special place in all of our hearts. Thank you everyone for loving him!!

Today was just another day at work so nothing special there. All the highlights of my life are with family. I LOVE YOU ALL!! I guess I have run out for now. Hope all is well with everyone. Until tomorrow... goodnight.

LoVe <3

P.S. Mom- sorry for all the handprints and drool on the door and all your appliances. LoL. Forgot how that could be. He doesn't sleep all the time anymore.

My Favorite Song
by Mom

5 little monkeys on the wall,
what do you think we should call them all?
Matt, Dan, Bekah, Sam, Seth

5 little monkeys can't you see,
those little monkeys belong to me.
Matt, Dan, Bekah, Sam, Seth

<3 <3 <3


1 comment:

  1. Family is everthing! And yes the first grandchild is going to rotten...but so will the rest!!! We are just "practicing" on Anthony. :) Glad he is such a good baby, we could really make a mess out of him if he was already rotten...lol. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete