Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Home

So I came over to my parents on Monday afternoon. Every intention of working my overnight and going back to my parents by 6am Tuesday morning to sleep for a few hours. I worked my overnight, got off at 5, took a hot shower and climbed into "my" bed. I call the spare bedroom "my" room because I frequent it often. Once I layed down, I swear I never moved all night. I woke up exactly 6 1/2 hours later at 12:30pm. Realizing I had left my contacts in all night. No wonder my eyes hurt so bad!!

Mom and I spent the day sitting on the couch, reading our books and doing a whole lot of nothing. Somewhere around 3:30, I snuck back up to "my" room and curled up under the covers. I fell asleep for another 2 hours. Next thing I hear is Mom saying "You little stinker! Get out of that bed right now! You won't be able to sleep tonight!" I hadn't intended on staying Tuesday night also, but as dinner time rolled around, I had no desire to get in my car and go to my house. Soooo....another sleepover it was.

The plan for this morning was to go to Moms haircut appointment with her and then who-knows-what for the rest of the day. So yet again, I was pretty much in a coma. Oblivious to the outer world in a nice deep sleep. Moms appointment was at 10:45. I hear shoes coming down the hallway. I know it is Mom. I can just tell by the walk, the sound of her steps. Each placed perfectly, not loudly, but on a mission. My brain halfway kicks on as the door opens. "Good Morning!! (way too chipper) If you still want to go with me you are going to have to get up. It's 9:30". What?!? I slept another 11 hours without ever moving? Wow! I guess my body needed it, as well as my mind.

As I get out of bed, the pain in my leg almost shoots through me. I thought I had just pulled a muscle by going up & down while working my overnight. But something was definitely different. I try to shake it off as I get in the shower. I get myself together and I am driving to the hair place before I know it. We are waiting and waiting.....and waiting. Tiffany (the girl who cuts Moms hair) never takes this long. Keep in mind it has only been about 5 minutes. Tiffany comes out in a sort of whirlwind. "Donna I have you down for NEXT Wednesday". The look on her face saying "Oh God PLEASE let me have written the right date on her appointment card!" Mom digs her card out of her wallet and sure enough......it was next wednesday. Gotta love it. Oh well. What were we off to now?

We then went to Marshall's and TJMaxx and Target and even the mall. All the while I develope a nice little gimp. My leg is on fire. What the heck did I do to it?? So as we were getting ready to go home, we decided to get a salad from Qdoba. We are walking back to the car and some ignorant teenager, driving WAY too fast, has the nerve to blow his horn at me!!! This sends Mom into a laughing frenzy and me into an utter rage. I wanted so badly to fly over there, put my hand out and give those obnoxious teenagers the "butt-whooping" of their lives. However, I kept my composure and finished hobbling across the street. We got home, ate our salads entirely too fast and watched "Cool Runnings".

After it was over we headed out to Kohl's. Once we made it home, it was understood.....I was staying the night again!! I have to work tomorrow morning at 8. But I can leave from "Home". It does the heart good to just have these past few days that I have had. Spending the days with Mom and the nights with Mom & Dad. The stress of work, the stress of everyday life disappears when you are around the ones you love. It has done me much good. Now if it could just mend wounded knees. We are making dinner, which consists of spaghetti and salad and some italian bread. And drinking yet another glass of hot tea. I think I have a new favorite thing. The brand is called "Bigelow" and the flavor is Vanilla Caramel. Absolutely Divine!

It's just about time to get off of here. I think I have run out for now. Going to spend some time with the "rents", eat some dinner and ice my knee. Hopefully it will feel better by morning. Hope all is well with everyone. Until tomorrow....goodnight.

LoVe <3

P.S.  Mom.....even though you sound like Frankenstein when you clear your throat, I still love you! ;)

2 comments:

  1. "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!"
    Your body is only going to let you do what it wants to do and if it wants to sleep, then sleep it is!
    As for the Vanilla Caramel tea - try it iced. Oh. My. Word. Was my new favorite summertime drink!
    Seems we have more in common that just blogging!
    Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!
    Love you.
    AC

    PS - love your new background ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you feel good about coming home for a visit...however long it is. Our doors are always open, no matter what time it is. Just wanted you to know it was good therapy for me too! love you bushels, Mom

    ReplyDelete