Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...

The alarm at 4:30 came way too early this morning. My body decided that it wanted to lock up, stuck in the fetal position, buried under my cozy covers for at least a few more hours. That obviously couldn't happen. So I got myself out of bed and took a refreshing shower with the hopes that it would wake me up. WRONG! Instead I just wanted even more to get back into bed. My only solution was to turn the fan on while I was getting ready for work. Can't be comfortable if you are cold. This theory actually worked. I was dressed and completely ready for work in less than 30 minutes. So I sat down and listened to some music. Before I knew it, I was headed out the door humming "Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to work I go".

This chipper, wide-awake state did NOT last long. I arrived to work at 5:45, got punched in and then saw the 2 HUGE pallets of 99 boxes. Let me explain what 99 boxes are. They are cardboard boxes that are approximately 4 ft long x 2 ft wide x 1 ft deep. In these amazing cardboard cubes are lots & lots of little pieces that can not be put on a pallet. It is my job as Manager of Hardware to then sort through all these boxes. Yes....I said SORT! All these pieces get dumped in hardware, I then sort them into carts and deliver them to the correct departments. One pallet can be tidious, but 2? Luckily, my guy friends came to the rescue. We had it knocked out in less than an hour. THANK YOU BOYS!!

After having an EXTREMELY slow first half of my shift, I then had to go to a meeting. This meeting went from informative to boring to our senior staff losing control of the room. I felt like I was in the middle of a meltdown. I couldn't help but look around, meet eyes with one of my friends and just start busting out laughing. Once 3 o'clock came around I couldn't have been more happy. I knew I had laundry and cleaning to do. But something else sounded more fun....

I took a shower and headed over to see Mom. We hung out, made dinner, laughed, talked....just had a good time. Reminded me of old days. She is an amazing person. My Mom, best friend, sister...she fits all positions. I love you Mom!

Well I guess I have run out for now. The only tune that is going through my head at this point is "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". Just have to fold this load of laundry real quick. Or maybe it can wait until tomorrow. LoL. Can't wait to write again tomorrow night.

LoVe <3

2 comments:

  1. You have got to stop making me cry. I am such a softie. All I can say is ditto. I have truly been blessed with you as my daughter. All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekah, you too are an amazing young lady! I am so loving your blog!
    And... yes... sometimes laundry CAN wait. ;)

    ReplyDelete