Saturday, October 9, 2010

Catoctin Colorfest...

After getting less than 4 hours of sleep, I got out of bed and got ready for the day. By 7am I was on the road to go get Amanda. Today was the day....Thurmont!! After picking her up we headed to Mom & Dads. Everyone was here. We ate some banana nut bread and zucchini bread. Then it was time for everyone to pile into the cars to get started on our adventure. As soon as I got in my car & ready to drive away....my car didn't go anywhere.....ummmm. Dad had put my emergency brake on and I had no idea where it was to release it. LoL. Finally, we found it and were on our way. Dan, Amanda, Mrs. Denise and I were all in stitches. What a great way to start our trip.

After 1 1/2 hours of driving, we are finally in the "sea of people". I wasn't even interested in looking at the stands....I was "people watching". We saw some pretty crazy characters. So crazy that I just have to share a few with you...
He is here every year......but come on, honestly??

Orange & black toe socks to top it off.

Then there was the witch......

...and the poodle girls...

...and lastly, we can't forget this guy. What the heck did you do man??

Watching these people was hysterical. There were many more that I wasn't able to take pictures of. It was very hot too. The heat was starting to get to me just a little bit and I was hungry. So we went to get some lunch. We decided on a pit beef stand. I ordered a pit ham sandwhich and a sweet tea. The total came to $10!! Unfortuantely, they gave me a dry pit turkey and a big glass of dish water. Very disappointing.

After this, we decided to go walk through the stands in the park. That way we would be in the shade. It was even more crowded in here. We are walking along and Amanda & I decided to get something from the Rita's stand. We waited our turn in line and the woman asks "What can I get for you ma'am?" As I am trying to place my order some dude says "Theres a line back here". I ignore him and place my order. He repeats himself even louder "There is a line back here!" I am irritated at this point and turn around and say "And there was a line over here too!" The woman at the stand then says "Yes we are working from both sides". The only thing this obnoxious redneck could say at this point was "My bad, my bad". Yes sir, it is your bad, maybe you should think before you talk next time. Please and thank you.

After I get over this near meltdown, we continue walking through the town. Laughing harder and harder at everyone that we are seeing. We ate so much junk that was so unhealthy. I never want to eat any of that again. As fun as it was to get a good laugh in, it was time to go. People were too much in my bubble. It was time to say goodbye to the "sea of people".

The drive home felt like it took forever!! I could barely keep my eyes open. All I wanted was sleep! We get back to Mom & Dads and I had every intention of taking a nap. This did NOT happen. Instead I got up and threw the football around with Dad & Dan. Then Aunt Crickett and I sat down and she helped me "bling" my blog. THANKS A BUSHEL!! I never would have figured it out. We then sat down to eat dinner. Beef stew that had been cooking in a crock-pot all day. REAL food. After this, you could tell exhaustion was setting in. We started to get crazy. I swear a song came on the radio and it sounded like they were singing "baked potato, baked potato, baked potato".



Then we were talking about the macarena and doing our own versions of it. Things just went downhill from there.


It was a great day with everyone. We are getting ready to eat some ice cream and then I will probably pass out. Still have to drive home. Many memories were definitely made. Lots of laughs. Thanks everyone for coming and being a part of these memories. I love you all!! And to those of you who have no idea how many laughs you gave us, thank you! It made our trip well worth it. Until tomorrow....good night.

LoVe <3

1 comment:

  1. Bekah! I love you! Yes, we had a blast. I am so glad you were able to get off work and come and yes it was a bummer that old man at the pit beef stand gave us dry turkey instead of ham! I think he may have been hard of hearing and was probably a little blind too, because he couldn't read my lips when I mouthed "hammm" to him! ! And that "sweet tea" - Bob asked if he wrung his dish rag out in it - oh gag!
    But the memories - oh the memories! Can hardly wait for next time.
    Sweet dreams ;)
    Aunt Crickett

    ReplyDelete