Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just the Beginning...

So...I have never done anything like this. My Aunt is why I decided to give it a try. She has so many interesting blogs and I figured I would try it out. I am going to start out by telling you that no matter how dull or boring life seems, there is always something to blog about.

I decided today would be the perfect day to start blogging because I had so much stuff to write about. My parents had a birthday celebration for Dan. So everyone was at the house. Today was also the Ravens vs. Steelers game. My family & I are huge Ravens fans. Steelers are our arch enemies. The Steelers were undefeated coming into the game. So as we are all sitting there watching the game, we are munching on finger foods. And goofing around during commercials.

During half time Matt, Dan, Sam and I decided to play some catch. We were throwing the ball around in the front yard, talking about the game as we were playing. Half time was over so we went in to watch the game and eat dinner. Why does it seem that every time I am seriously concentrating on the game, we do bad?? Yet if I would stop watching it even for a second, something amazing happens? Guess that is just my luck. So as I walk out of the room the Steelers take the lead, 14-10 with 2 1/2 minutes left. All of our spirits went down. We thought it was over. I go upstairs and dress up in my brothers costume beard and a sweat band to give everyone a laugh. And guess what? By the time I got downstairs we had gotten posession of the ball again....

We made a comeback. We scored a touchdown with 32 seconds to go. Inevitably, we WON!! The end score being 17-14. I had no idea my brothers or father were capable of screaming that loud. As I looked around the room & saw everyone hugging, jumping, high-fiving and smiling ear to ear, I realized something. This was a group of people I loved more than words could ever describe. My parents, brothers, sister-in-laws and girlfriends are amazing people that I would never want to trade. I realized how fortunate I am to have these amazing people in my life.

As we were all in this state of complete elation, we yet again decided to play catch. This time we went to the back yard. The throws were harder and all i kept thinking was "I am seriously going to break a finger if I catch this football wrong". Dad was standing up on the deck and throwing running passes down to Matt, Dan and Sam. I decided I would be safer if I continued to stand still while catching the ball, instead of trying to run, focus on not running into the boys, watching where I was going and then still trying to catch the ball.

The boys were doing really good. I was cheering them on and catching the ball when it was thrown my way. Matt and Sam were both trying to catch the same pass. As this happened, Sam somehow hit Matt causing his eyeball, not just his eye, to make a complete imprint on his glasses. He was running around showing all of us. We could literally see his eyelashes, his entire eye including his pupil and his eyelid on the imprint. I had never seen anything like it. As we all continued to laugh about that, one of the biggest highlights of the day occured. Dad threw Dan a running pass. One second he was running and trying to catch the ball. The next second....Dan was sliding across the dirt on his stomach face first, as if he was sliding into home plate. The birthday boy had a wipeout. We were all laughing hysterically. Then it struck us, is he ok?? He was laughing and covered in dirt, had grass in his watch and his hands were stained brown. The first thing out of his mouth was "I am completely fine. At least I didn't break my glasses". We all wished we had it on video for him to see. He kept saying how he didn't feel a thing.

Soon after this incident, we all decided it was time to take a break. We went back inside, celebrated Dan's birthday with some hot milk cake and ice cream, he opened his gifts and then everyone started to head home. Days like this make me realize how lucky I am to be so close with these people. They are my world. Without these people I wouldn't be who I am today. For that, I want to say "Thank You". For sticking by my side when I thought I knew everything, for believing in me, for being my best friends and for giving me something to look forward to everyday. You guys are the best and I love you!! XO XO XO

3 comments:

  1. Bekah! I love, love, love it! I'm so glad you've joined us "bloggies"! I can't wait to see what you share with us. Love ya, little laday!
    Aunt Crickett :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekah, How much I love you cannot be put into words. I am so very proud of you! Your write-up of yesterday was perfect. As you guys played football in the front yard I felt my life go full circle. It wasn't the present I was seeing but many years before of all of you playing kick ball. I am so glad that my children continue to be so close in their adult years. Can't wait to read your next blog :) love you bushels, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.C.- Thank you! I'm way more excited than I thought I would ever be. Thanks for inspiring me! I love you!

    Mom- Thanks a ton! I love you to the end of the universe and back. I am so glad too that we are all so close. There are many more memories & hopefully blogs to be made. LOVE xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete